Friday, April 12, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV Ideas

Apparently I don't have as many things to rant about as I thought I did, or maybe college is just slowly wearing away at my brain.

So only a year after the very disappointing, kill red coats because they killed your family, could have had a much better ending Assassin's Creed III, Ubisoft felt it was a good idea to try to release Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag. With the advent of naval combat in ACIII and a strange family twist, Ubisoft felt they could do more with the combat and expand on the Family.

This game will <sarcasm>shockingly</sarcasm>  not involve Desmond in anyway. You play as someone hired by Abstergo Entertainment, a subsidiary of Abstergo, to "investigate" why Conners father was a <spoiler>Templar and why his father was some mysterious rich pirate assassin.<spoiler>

The game will apparently have a 60/40 focus on land and naval, respectively, combat. Your ship is the Jackdaw and it will upgrade as the game goes on and you will be able to upgrade it as the game goes on. I was a big fan of naval combat (after a few upgrades), so to see that they plan on perfecting this is going to be interesting.

I have also read that Ubisoft has said that they plan on making this game more "sandboxy" and you will have much more exploration options. The interesting hunting system will be tweaked and will come back with naval hunting. Let's do some whaling!

Unfortunately the massive recruitment idea from Brotherhood will return. I only say "unfortunately" because it becomes massive and almost a chore. You get all these assassins that do missions or take over the world and baby sit them so they get the most out of their quests to level them up. Sure they can help you kill guards so you don't have to try to deal with them, but I never really find myself using them, they make the game to easy.

Now that all that confirmed nonsense is out of the way: I don't think that this game is the actual Assassin's Creed IV. If you notice, it has a subtitle. Look at Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Brotherhood, Revelations and Bloodlines. These were either non canon or took place after the "original" game. I think that this is being called IV because of what happened to Desmond and the fact that you are not playing him, anywhere.

This could be a prequel to what is actually going to be happening in ACIV or this could just be to set something up for the actual story line for ACIV. It is possible that this is the actual canon AC game, but I don't think that it is actually going to turn out this way.

I just hope that they don't screw up the final assassinations in this game *cough* chase scene *cough*. I'm hoping that this one will be much better than ACIII, if they can blend good game play and give it a good story I'll be on board. If they just puke out what they did with ACIII and put on some new character meshes I'll be very disappointed ... I'll still play it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment